The RCL International Running Conference 2019, put together & hosted by creator of Runchatlive Podcast Matt Phillips, brought together for the first time TEN internationally acclaimed experts from the world of Running Injury & Performance.
Over the course of two days, health care professionals from across the spectrum together with strength & conditioning coaches, personal trainers & runners had the opportunity to not only watch the speakers’ presentations but also partake in two 90 minute 'Question Time' sessions with all ten speakers on stage.
Needless to say, the event was a huge success, with tickets for the 2020 conference currently on sale at RCL2020.eventbrite.co.uk.
2019 Conference Speakers and Talks
• Jack Chew (Manchester) - EBP in Running: How Excuses of all Flavours Creep into your Practice
• Ian Griffiths (London) - Foot Orthoses: Straight Talking
• Christopher Johnson (United States) - Orthopaedic Examination & Physical Performance Tests: Impact on Strength Training Prescription
• Mike James (Glamorgan) - Strength Training for Runners: Is it such a Simple Approach?
• Dr. JF Esculier (Canada) - What is the Best Clinical Approach for Runners with Knee Pain?
• Dr. Izzy Moore (Cardiff) - Gait Retraining For Runners: Is It For Me?
• Dr. Derek Griffin (Kerry, Ireland) - Putting the Runner back into Running Injuries: Looking Beyond Biomechanics & Forces
• Paul Westwood (Midlands) - Encapsulating the BPS Approach into Elite/Pro Endurance Sport
• Paul Coker (Cornwall) - Why Kinesiology taping and other Passive Modalities are not always Evil
Two bonus Q and A sessions exclusive to the package.